Monday, July 20, 2009

Green


Well, it's been a while. I went to Zachary and Brenda's house and had a blast. I do not have any pictures since they are on the cameras of both Dad and Brenda. I had fun. You can think in your mind how amazing such photos would be. Brenda's blog is the best site to see for yourselves.
I must admit, this blog post has been spawned more than slightly from ulterior motives. As many of you know, I have recently been raving about some new books that I have read and have already convinced more than one of you to read said books. They make the Twilight series pale in comparison. (Okay, so I've never read those books, but I have no doubt that this is true.) The greatest books I've ever read are written by Ted Dekker and entitled Black, Red,and White. They are part of the Circle Series: currently a Christian fiction/thriller trilogy that everyone would benefit by reading. I own all but five books written by Dekker and have liked all that I've read thus far (I haven't read all of his books but I own all but five.) The reason for today's post is to advertise for his newest book: Green.

I've been checking the Ted Dekker website much recently and finally, today, they've released information on The Forest Guard. Pretty much it is a campaign to get people acquainted with the Circle series. All the people that sign up are exhorted to let all the people they know about the books and encourage them to read them and to sign up on this website for updates and discounts on Dekker's books.
While I would encourage this anyway even if I weren't a part of the forest guard, you know have an extra incentive: if six people sign up for being a "recruit," then I am assured that my name will be written under the "lieutenant" section in the next Ted Dekker book.
Just think about it, my name could be in a Ted Dekker book! My name! In a Ted Dekker book! That would be, quite simply, one of the greatest things ever.

All that you, my faithful readers, would have to do is sign up for a few emails and say that your friend, number 7449, told you about this. Just think! Less than five minutes and you could be on your way to making Caleb Walker one of the happiest boys in Nevada!
So again, I would highly encourage all of you to read the Circle series and to go to http://teddekker.com/readgreen/, type in your name and email address, say that number 7449 told you about this, and get on your way to becoming as much of a Ted Dekker fanatic about this as I.
Update!!!
I just found out that if you get fifteen recruits, you can get your name printed in the "Captain" section of a Dekker book and get an advanced copy of his next book. Huzzah!

6 comments:

Auntie Eisel said...

I'm your first recruit! :) I want you to be the happiest boy in Nevada!!! I guess I'll confess. So far it's more engaging than most books. ;)

Keith said...

Hooray! I'm your second recruit! Your urgings have seen me through the first book (Black), and within a few pages of the second (Red). Probably sometime tomorrow I'll begin White. Wow! What a series!

CrazyUncle said...

Fine. I'll be number 2. Good luck, Lt. Caleb.

Zachary Walker said...

Somehow, Dad and Uncle R both seem to be number 2 so I guess that makes me 3. You're welcome!!!! Great books so far!

Brenda said...

okay you convinced me. if zachary is reading these books that is saying a lot. can't wait to get started. don't forget you might owe me a starbucks

Auntie Bean said...

Marla did not claim a number, so does that make me #4??